Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Americans, Really?

Here we go again.  The bastard children of the Republican Party known as the Tea Party are at it again as they attempt to once again, shut down the United States federal government, thus shutting down the lives of ordinary citizens especially the most vulnerable.  They call themselves patriots but I think not!!!! Better, I know that they are not.  Why?  Because they claim to be advocates of the U.S. Constitution and even worse, Christians.  Follow me as I expand on who they really are albeit many of you already know that they are wolves in sheep’s clothing but goodness maybe that is sullying the wolf because we know wolves don’t pretend to be what they are not.  They are communal beast, dedicated and loyal to their pack; not so these Tea Party folks, their heart desires are grandiose for “their” political climb, maybe up to the Oval Office.

Before I continue my ramble, I have to point out one of the Tea Party’s golden boy, Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas.  Now, I don’t know about anyone else but when someone who holds a position of power within our government heap praise upon a former senator who exemplified all that is hateful within the human genome, yes America, we have problems.  Ted Cruz lauded the very caricature of racism and bigotry, Jesse Helms, stating that there should be “100 more like Jesse Helms”.[1]  Now, I have three links because no one in their right mind could even conceive that with the Republican Party attempting to “broaden” their political tent that one of their own would even utter these words.  Grant it, it was a celebration of sorts of Helms but one can acknowledge the life of a person without such pontification; this was bonkers and boy will it haunt not only Cruz but Republicans because no one in a leadership position even stood up and denounced the words.  Que sera sera!!!

Okay, back to the task at hand.  If anarchy means a chaotic situation, a situation in which there is a total lack of organization or control; that would make those who pursue such measures anarchist.  While I do consider them dangerous for the good of the nation, I do not consider them [nor would I] home grown terrorists, however, within the legal vernacular, their “threat” to shut down the government yet again would be considered a “credible threat” and “The term credible threat means a threat that is “ real and immediate, not conjectural or hypothetical. Kegler v. United States DOJ, 436 F. Supp. 2d 1204, 1212 (D. Wyo. 2006)”.[2]  So my fellow citizens, I ask you, have we become a bunch of lazy sit on our collective asses citizen pansies who will allow these individuals to do this again!!?? These people take an oath and that oath says, “I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.[3] This is not what they are doing.  If any group of peoples have the right to shut down the government, it is “we, the people”; not elected officials.  The Framers of the Constitution must be writhing in their graves on the audacity of these individuals to harm our great but imperfect Republic in this manner.  For them: “Anarchism is founded on the observation that since few men are wise enough to rule themselves, even fewer are wise enough to rule others” (Edward Abbey, 1928– 1989); and for the rest of us “If I sit silently, I have sinned” (Dr. Mohammad Mossadegh, (1882 – 1967).

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment